WELCOME TO THE CITY OF NEW HOPE
NEWS & EVENTS
New Hope City Hall will open our normal hours beginning Monday, May 4th. (Monday thru Friday, 8am – 5 pm) There will be safeguards in place such as a limit on the number of people allowed inside at one time, social distancing, hand sanitizing and other precautions as deemed necessary to keep everyone safe. At this time we do NOT have any updates on the Madison County Vehicle Tag Satellite Office. Please contact the Madison County Courthouse for information relating to tags or vehicle registration at 256-532-3300.. You are encouraged to conduct as much business via phone or mail as possible as suggested by the new “Safer at home” order. If you have any questions call city hall at 256-723-2616.
Friday, March 27, 2020
A message to the residents of the City of New Hope from Mayor Taylor. Please read in its entirety! This is a message in response to a statewide order issued today.
I would like to inform you that by the order of the State of Alabama’s Governor, Kay Ivey and the Alabama State Health Officer, the following order will be implemented statewide beginning Saturday, March 28th at 5:00 pm.
All non-work-related gatherings of 10 persons or more, or non-work-related gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited. Employers are to take all reasonable steps to meet these standards for employees and customers.
Also, non-essential businesses, venues and activities on the list provided below shall be closed to non-employees or not take place.
a. Entertainment venues as follows:
(1) Night clubs
(2) Bowling alleys
(4) Concert venues
(5) Theaters, auditoriums, and performing arts centers
(6) Tourist attractions (including museums and planetariums)
(8) Indoor children’s play areas
(9) Adult entertainment venues
(11) Bingo halls
(12) Venues operated by social clubs
b. Athletic facilities and activities as follows:
(1) Fitness centers and commercial gyms
(2) Spas and public or commercial swimming pools
(3) Yoga, barre, and spin facilities
(4) Spectator sports
(5) Sports that involve interaction with another person of closer than 6 feet
(6) Activities that require use of shared sporting apparatus and equipment
(7) Activities on commercial or public playground equipment
c. Close-contact service providers as follows:
(1) Barber shops
(2) Hair salons
(3) Waxing salons
(4) Threading salons
(5) Nail salons and spas
(6) Body-art facilities and tattoo services
(7) Tanning salons
(8) Massage-therapy establishments and massage services
d. Retail stores as follows:
(1) Furniture and home-furnishings stores
(2) Clothing, shoe, and clothing-accessory stores
(3) Jewelry, luggage, and leather goods stores
(4) Department stores
(5) Sporting goods stores
(6) Book, craft, and music stores
This state-wide mandate has been ordered to start on Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm and will remain in full force and effect until 5:00 pm on April 17, 2020. Prior to 5:00 pm on April 17, 2020, a determination shall be made whether to extend this order or, if circumstances permit, to relax this order.
I’d like to encourage everyone that this is not a time to panic since most everyone has been abiding by these guidelines already. I also want to remind everyone to do the five steps to help stop the coronavirus.
Wash hands often
Cough into your elbow
Don’t touch your face
Keep safe distance
Stay at home if you can
Your city government is working for you as usual with just a few minor changes regarding public access to the city hall. Your essential services such as police, fire, city managed garbage pick-up, water and sewer repair and city hall are all working diligently. The man-dated order can be viewed in its entirety on the City of New Hope’s website or Facebook page or you can pick a copy up at the front steps of city hall.
Please stay safe,
Mayor Butch Taylor