CITY OF NEW HOPE, ALABAMA
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs general and preventive patrol duties, enforcing all applicable laws and maintaining peace and order; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The principal function of an employee in this class is to maintain community order through enforcing local, State and Federal laws. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The principal duties of this class are performed in an outdoor work environment involving all types of weather and one in which the employee is subject to potential personal danger including high speed pursuits. An employee in this class may perform any one or more or any additional duties as assigned. A patrolman may be asked to patrol in a vehicle, on foot, with a bicycle or with other means of transportation.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED; and
- Some law enforcement experience preferred; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of a driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Alabama Peace Officer standards certification/Police Academy graduate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to identify criminal activity;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to operate police equipment and restrain criminals;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to patrol assigned areas.
Completed applications are due 5:00pm, Friday, June 22, 2018. Applications can be mailed to: PO Box 419, New Hope AL 35760 or emailed to: nhcityclerk@nehp,net
THE CITY OF NEW HOPE, ALABAMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER