The City of New Hope is Seeking Applications for:
The Position of CITY CLERK
The Mayor and City Council will appoint a well qualified City Clerk. The City Clerk will be responsible to the Mayor for the day-to-day administration of the City. This will be a salaried position with benefits of paid Holidays, eligibility for Blue Cross/Blue Shield Alabama group health insurance, paid life insurance and vacation and sick leave hours.
The City is looking for candidates that have experience in an office environment and possess knowledge of accounting including college level accounting courses and desirably, QuickBooks experience. The candidates will be evaluated on their probable ability to multi-task, manage his/her time and supervise assigned clerical personnel.
The successful candidate will have a probationary period of 6 months at an agreed salary. There will be an increase in salary and permanent appointment after the probationary period. This salary will be determined by the quality of work and the labor market for this type of position. The salary scale will range from $45,760 – $68,640 annually depending on education and experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited:
- Responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, depository and quarterly taxes and general bookkeeping as required for the City.
- Preparation of the agenda for the City Council and taking of the minutes at the City Council Meetings.
- Oversee city’s liability insurance and other insurance including land, buildings, and vehicles.
- Preparation of grant request and all follow-up on said grant.
- Development of and maintenance on city ordinances and resolutions.
- Management and processing of city elections as required by laws.
- Organization of bid proposals and follow-up as required.
- General clerical duties to include typing, filing, phone service, purchasing, city banking, data entry, etc.
- General contact for citizens concerning city business.
- The responsibility of overseeing assets owned by the city.
- Responsibility and accountability for all deposits.
Candidates interested in applying should submit the application and resume to the New Hope City Hall at 5484 Main Dr. New Hope AL 35760 or mail to: P O Box 419, New Hope Alabama, 35760. Application packets must arrive before 5:00 PM Wednesday, July 18, 2018 to ensure consideration.
Application forms may be obtained at the New Hope City Hall from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM Monday through Friday or online at www.cityofnewhope.org. Applicants are required to include a resume and optional cover letter with the application.
THE CITY OF NEW HOPE, ALABAMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER